Comics : Flintstones
In 1977, Marvel inked a deal allowing them to publish comics featuring Hanna-Barbera cartoon characters. The Flintstones was one of the first of these series (Others were "Dynomutt," "The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera," a treasury-sized series, "Scooby-Doo," and "Yogi Bear.") and, as such, presented a feature page showing Spider-Man shaking hands with Fred Flintstone. Spidey's hand is also featured holding onto the Bullpen letter introducing the Marvel-HB deal and Spidey's face is on a stamp pasted on an envelope apparently waiting for the insertion of the Bullpen letter.
Note: Comics shown are for database purposes only. None of these comics are for sale. Valuations shown are indicative Near Mint Values. Dates shown are cover dates.
Oct 1977 : SM Reference
Summary: Spider-Man Reference: On Last Page When Hanna Barbera Meets Marvel
Jump to the Spider-Man Comics Main Index.
The Spider-Man Comics Database is indexed in five different ways:
- Spider-Man Comics Credits Listing
- Spider-Man Comics Checklists
- Spider-Man Comics Chronology
- Spider-Man Comics Continuity Guide
- Spider-Man Titles Index (See Below)
The Spider-Man Titles Index is categorized into:
- Spider-Man Core Titles
- Spider-Man Limited Series & One Shots
- Spider-Man Mainstream Guest Apps
- Spider-Man Spin-Offs
- Spider-Man 2099
- Spider-Man Manga
- Spider-Man Marvel Adventures Universe
- Spider-Man MC2 Universe
- Spider-Man Ultimate Universe
- Spider-Man X-Verse
- Spider-Man Other Universes
- Spider-Man Non-Marvel Guest Apps
- Spider-Man Role-Playing
- Spider-Man Coloring & Activity Books
- Spider-Man Books (Not Coloring & Activity)
- Industry Material
- Spider-Man Promo
- Guides, References, Encyclopedia
- Spider-Man Reprints
If you're confused by the current titles, then you might want to read our Current Title Summary which lists the current titles, and how they fit together.
For further information about the contents and arrangement of this database, please read our database notes page. This contains information on the Inclusion Guidelines, the Variant Cover Guidelines, the Graphics Keys, the Appearance Levels, the Comic/Book Valuations, the Review Ratings, and the SMURF Codes.