Here are the two Spider-Man Character cards. The original Character
from the first Overpower range is 6-7-6, which makes him one of the
toughest all-rounders from that first release.
The 7 Fighting stat puts him up there with Deadpool, and just behind
the psycho 'live-to-fight' types like Sabretooth. The 6 on Energy
probably represents the useful ranged attack value of his webbing.
The IQ card (from the Overpower IQ set) rates him at 3-7-6-5, which
is still a very respectable set of statistics. The IQ Spider-Man
is rated as "Very Rare".
Here are Spidey's One-Per-Deck specials.
These are both very handy specials, I think I'd put both into
a Spider-Man deck.
- Web: (AV) Target opponent may not attack for remainder of
battle. (From Overpower)
- Taunt: (BL) Play when opponent concedes battle. Opponent
may not concede battle. (From PowerSurge)
Here are Spidey's Defensive specials.
The Wall Crawl is a great special, you'd definitely want a
couple of these in your deck. The Web-Shield is a bit dubious,
but one might be a good addition to a deck, as a placed special.
- Wall Crawl: (AG) Avoid 1 attack. (From Overpower)
- Web-Shield: (AD) Avoid 1 attack made with a Universe card.
Spidey has two attacking Specials. The Over The Edge
special is a promo by Hillshire Farm.
Definitely need one each of these at least.
- Arachnid Agility: (AA) Acts as a level 4 fighting attach, may
make 1 additional attack. (From Overpower)
- Over The Edge: (AE) Acts as a level 4 Fighting attack. May
combine with 1 Strength card for a single attack. (From Hillshire Farm)
Spidey has three more general Specials.
All of these are pretty marginal to me. The Spider-Sense could
give you a real insight, but is it really more valuable than the
chance for a real attack? Science Whiz is about as valuable as
a +2 Universe card.
- Spider Sense: (AJ) Opponent must immediately reveal any
Special cards currently held in his hand. (From Overpower)
- Science Whiz: (DM) Spider-Man's Intellect Power cards
are +2 for remainder of battle. (From Overpower IQ)
- Clonal Confusion: (HU) Spider-Man may Place and play
Scarlet Spider "Sticky Fingers" and "Scarlet Savior" Special
cards for remainder of game. (From Overpower IQ)
Clonal Confusion could be an interesting
option, if you stacked up the deck with the appropriate specials.
A deck with Spider-Man AND Scarlet Spider (and maybe Doppelganger
too?) could be a very interesting option.
Spidey is seen in two locations.
Well, it's nice to have a choice!
- The Big Apple: With Heroes For Hire, Thunderbolts,
Falcon, Daredevil or Morbius. Begin game with 6 mission cards
in reserve and 1 in defeated pile.
- The Daily Bugle: With Black Cat, Scarlet Spider, Venom,
Green Goblin or Scorpion. May not play any Multi-Power cards.
Finally, I should mention this promo card which featured Spidey, but
which is playable by any hero. I believe it was originally
a giveaway in Wizard Magazine, but I seem to recall it was re-released
via a different channel.
This is an excellent card:
Unsurprisingly this is a "one-per-deck".
- Web Headed Wizard: (BQ) Immediately exchange this card for
any 1 card in Dead Pile.